Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Challenge, Favorite Places

Well, I of course had to use the ocean, and a sea turtle`s favorite place. I fused pieces of fabric onto the blue and sand colored fabric. Then started on all hand work. I want this piece to be completely hand finished, so am still not quite down. I still want to add a beaded sea turtle and lots of goodies to my treasure chest, but just didn`t fit the time in before our reveal. This piece may not be done for months, I keep finding things to add to it. I couched different textured yarns and threads for seaweed, and embroidered even more for dimensions. This challenge was very Challenging. :)

8 comments:

  1. Tammy, I can see how this could be a work in progress for a long time, even after it's quilted and bound! It's wonderful!! I especially like the colors and handstitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fun you must be having with this one ! I love it -- I like doing
    underwater scenes for the same reasons -- you can really use your
    imagination! I love the colors and the feeling of depth-- great job Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy it is wonderful.
    Yes you can keep adding for months but what fun.
    Your backing piece is just right with the light shining down the water.
    Delia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tammy,
    I love everything that has to do with the ocean (and sea turtles). This is amazing! I can see where it would be a piece you would have a lot of fun with and always add to. Very ambitious doing everything by hand. Make sure you post it when it is finished.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the vibrant colours. Have fun adding to is. It will be a treasure when you are all done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your background fabric, did you dye/paint it? Look forward to seeing the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful scene! I love all the detail you have put in it and the beaded turtle sounds like a wonderful addition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, I found a small piece of this fabric with the white showing in a clearance bin somewhere.
    I knew someday I would be able to use it. lol
    Thanks all, will share again when done beading.

    ReplyDelete