Friday, September 17, 2010

Four Elements

Artist's Statement, I spent more time reading various philosophies based on the four earthly elements, than I did creating my interpretation.





4 elements
I kept coming back to a philosophy that equates air with thought, fire with passion water with serenity and earth as maturity. Musings: fire does not pass through water, fire is reflected in water, thought feeds passion passion falters with serenity thought is in serenity, thought slows and then, no more.

Loose threads, attached with help of wash-away interfacing. on a snippet style background. I too had difficulty with the photographing, what doesn't show well here is the yellow thread 'of air' running through the piece gudrun

6 comments:

  1. LOL, I didn't do much of any kind of research for this. You really seem to have gotten into the philosophical aspects of this. I like how you interpreted the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun that piece looks like! Love it, can`t wait to find out what we are doing next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful --- it is amazing how different people interpret things so differently. I really like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how all your elements meld together, really well done!

    Sharon M

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your piece. Well thought out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gudrun what a lovely piece of work.
    The coulours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete