Friday, April 1, 2011

Delia's #4 Orange Blue and Purple Pallet Challenge


 
                                                                      Hi Girls
I also made two quilts for this challenge.

His name is FRILLY. 21inches x 21 inches

The frilly neck Lizard is my real one. The other was the first and I thought it did not have enough orange in it.

The fabric for the Lizard was hand painted my me. I then made the lizard by cutting out the shapes and thread painting in the body and legs. I then set him on a rock and made the 3D frilly and face. I appliqued and machine embroidered in the leaves and grass before adding some quilting lines.

This Celtic quilt is the first I made but then thought it did not have enough orange in it but still it turned out quilt nice. I still have to mount it.

17inches x 17inches

Keep stitching
Delia

13 comments:

  1. Love the 3-D Frilly, Delia! The knot is very pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the little lizard, Del. You do such interesting subjects and your work is so good. I love it!!! Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Judy and Shirley I really enjoyed doing him.
    Delia

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lizard is wonderful.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the 3D head. I do hope you give him a name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes his name is Frilly.
    I should put that and the size on the post.
    Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Realy like the lizerd ,the knot work is something I have just learned to do so it caught my eye. Both are great. Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delia the lizard is wonderful and I bet it was allot of fun. Now the celtic I don't know if I would have the patience for that but it is very pretty..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the look of your lizard Delia, the 3D frill really makes the piece. I like your knot as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delia, your Frilly is wonderful, I love everything about him! I have aways wanted to try a celtic quilt...you have inspired me, yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Girls I really did enjoy making him.
    Delia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just love your Frilly. So glad you made a 2nd challenge. Your first is neat, but Frilly talks to me more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. He is just way too cute!! I love that everything, everyone makes inspires me to do even more! I like your celtic knot also! But, Frilly is too cute for words.

    ReplyDelete