Thursday, March 31, 2011
Sharon M's #4 Orange Blue and Purple Pallet Challenge
Orange, purple and blue.
The colors were a huge challenge for me and then I added 2 more challenges. I challenged myself to use my AccuQuilt Go to cut all my pieces and I also went with the curved border. I started with the applecore die to make my back ground and used 2 shades of orange fabric. Next I used the round flower die to make the vines, leaves and flowers. I used the darker orange for the vines and leaves and did the flowers in shades of purple. I used some of the diferent stitches on my machine to applique the pieces and like the effect. The hardest color for me was getting the blue just right, I made little birdies out of the feather die and every blue I put on the piece just wasn't right. I finally found this speckled blue in a moda jelly roll I had and I love it. The bias binding is also cut with the 2.5 strip die...it was a slow job sewing it on, LOL. In the end I am happy with my table runner, the colors are wonderful together. It is 16 x 25.5".